Denise Goldberg's blog

What's in that trailer? Or in those panniers?
Self-contained bicycle touring, a packing list

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Electronic gadgets

And yes, these always travel with me!

My stash of electronic gadgets might seem a bit much to some of you, but they make it easy for me to capture (and share) memories of my tours. I feel pretty good that I've managed to stay away from bringing a laptop computer with me so far, but it's always possible that will change at some point in the future. For now I'm happy without it.

  • Digital camera(s), lenses, batteries, memory cards

  • Small fanny pack to keep (a point & shoot) camera handy while riding

  • Tripod and/or monopod, depending on my destination and my photography desires

  • compact flash & SD card reader. Attaches to a computer via a USB port, makes the card look like another disk drive. This (sometimes) gives me a chance to upload pictures when I'm using a public computer.

  • A baby computer of some sort. I started with an HP Jornada back in 2002 (upgraded to an ASUS eee in 2008).